Liverpool

Egremont left Dartmouth at 19:00 hrs on 31st March 1952, arriving in New Brighton 05:30 on 2nd April.  She was licensed to carry 1,475 passengers (latterly 1,200). Egremont was withdrawn from service the end of February 1975 and remained idle for a year. Whilst laid up in the Morpeth dock, she sprung a leak causing serious flooding and water damage to her electrics and equipment. The extent of the damage was so bad that it was unlikely she could operate again without major repairs.

Egremont_picture.jpg

In November 1975, she was sold to Frederick Oldham Ltd of Liverpool who was a local scrap merchant.

Site Design by Bath Marketing Consultancy